Many busy professionals find it easier to invest their money in an asset or property than to invest 10 minutes for themselves. That is how busy the life of a present day professional has become.
If you expect great monetary gains from investing in a property. Then let me assure you that, a healthy and happy future will be your return for devoting 10 minutes for yoga.
Busy bees can calm your overworked mind and exercise your body at the same time through 10 minutes of yoga every day. Here, we have devised a list of few yoga poses and tips to give you maximum returns within 10 minutes. Let’s take a look.
Downward Facing Dog
Sanskrit name: Adho Mukha Svanasana
Benefits: Tones feet and hand, strengthens abdominal muscles
The exercise helps in distributing oxygenated blood to the whole body. This will make you feel energized and refreshed.
How to do it: Place your hands on the mat and kneel. Widen your fingers and keep your legs straight by lowering the heels towards the floor. Your head should be positioned between your arms. Look towards your belly button through the legs. Hold for at least 8-10 breaths.
Sanskrit name: Balasana
Benefits: Stretches the thighs, ankles and most importantly the hips. Provides you with relief from neck and back pain.
How to do it: Kneel and take deep breaths. Let your forehead touch the floor and relax in the luxurious and long child pose. Keep your arms at the back. This exercise can relieve you of pain in the lower back.
Legs Up The Wall
Sanskrit name: Viparita Karani
Benefits: Relieves leg muscles from tiredness and provides you the perk of inversion without much effort.
How to do it: Lie down two or three inches away from the wall. Rest the lower back and shoulders on a yoga mat. Make sure that you close your eyes. Now, slowly move your legs up the wall. Ensure that your legs are perpendicular to the body. Do it for 10 minutes once your lower back is comfortable.
Sanskrit name: Virabhadrasana
Benefits: Stretches and strengthens your ankles, legs, and knees.
How to do it: Turn your left foot by 90 degrees. Make sure that it is parallel to the floor. While your palm is facing down, stretch the hands. Relax the shoulders by stretching it back and down and pushing the chest forward. Take five breaths and change your position to right foot.
Sanskrit name of Bridge Pose: Setu Bandh asana
Benefits: Strengthens your spine, neck and most importantly chest. This pose is a great one for attaining good muscular strength.
How to do it: Lie down on the floor with arms on the side. Bring your legs towards you so that the knee can go up. Make sure that your feet are on the floor. Use your hands to support the lower back while lifting the hips. Bring your chest closer to the chin. If you feel you are straining your head or neck, use a thin pillow.
- Warm up before doing yoga with simple stretches. Surya Namaskar is the most ideal.
- After a busy day, use breathing techniques like pranayama to unwind yourself.
- Shavasana or the Corpse pose can be done to relax at the end.
- You can also do yoga poses at your desk to be more active at work. For Example: Lock your fingers, just behind the lower back. Now, gently stretch the arms outward, away from your body. Now clench your shoulder blades and look up This will help you increase your energy at the heart space and will counterbalance the bending and forward posture at work.
- We know that getting up early will be something that working professionals would never want to hear. But 30 mins of yoga in the morning can benefit your mental and physically better than the extra sleep. You will be more calm, balanced and focused in overall. If you can’t do 30 mins, start with five mins and one posture that will benefit you the most. Gradually increase the time and count.
Now you busy people, know what to do when you work life diminishes your health. Take a break with the soothing yoga experience. Whether you indulge in a bit-sized version of yoga like listed above or meal-sized version, yoga moments are blissful and will better your physical and mental health in no time. If you want to know more about yoga and other techniques for being fit, the Fat to Fit infographic is sure to help. So what are you waiting for? Use the power of yoga to keep your mind calm and focused amidst the busy life and also witness higher efficiency, productivity and success rates at your work.